Saturday, January 30, 2016

DAY ONE HUNDRED FIFTY-TWO OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

Day 152. Today I turned on my lava lamp because I wanted to sit downstairs and watch a movie and have my lava lamp on.  I had it on for 3 minutes and pop.  The light bulb blew.  Man I was disappointed.  Mostly because I thought I was going to have to buy a new light bulb online.  It is a funky little bulb and there are warnings all over the packaging about putting any light bulb but their special light bulb in the lava lamp.  Would my lava lamp now be out of service for weeks while I order and wait for a new bulb?  Huh.

I met me friend J for lunch.  I walked a really long way to meet him and then we walked further to get to a wonderful brunch place that sadly is closing down.  The place lost its lease when the landlord jacked up the rent 500%.  Who does that?  A greedy landlord!  So the place has to move.  It is really sad.  The place is packed all the time.  It is one of the few places that serves vegan breakfast all day.

After lunch we walked to a park and sat and talked.  I asked J if he would help me train for the bike ride in July.  He seemed happy to help.  I am going to start to train on 2/1.  I am going to train inside at first since it is rainy and cold outside. I am not happy biking in the cold and rain.

I watched Nebraska and Change Up to end the day.  Nebraska was more entertaining than I thought it would be.  It is about a man who thinks he won the Reader's Digest Sweepstakes and wants to go to Lincoln, Nebraska to collect the winnings.  Change Up had it's funny moments.  It was about two best friends who switch bodies (yeah, right) and what happens when they do since one guy is a father and an attorney and the other guy is a single rarely employed quasi actor.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!