Sunday, November 15, 2015

DAY SEVENTY-SIX OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

Day 76. Today was the day of the Rock-n-Roll Marathon.  No I am not running.  Turns out I didn't even watch.  But more about that later.

We went to the Wynn for breakfast and I had a vegan Huevos Rancheros.  Instead of eggs they use tofu.  It was really good.  I was starving after dancing for three hours the night before.  By the time we were done, they had started to close off the Strip.  They only close the Strip two times a year: New Year's Eve and for this Marathon.  We ended up having to walk from the Wynn to Paris.  About 1.5 miles.  We stopped to window shop and check out the Venician.  I bought a t-shirt. 

We got back and had a sorbet and it was the best sorbet I had in a long time.  Freshly made.  Then we rested.  We had been given two tickets to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower but the wind kicked up and they closed it. 

Do you see a trend here?  Closed attractions, missed opportunities, missed getting reservations, we were convinced that was the theme for the weekend!  Almost everything we wanted to do we could not do. We became giddy about it.  It made the weekend funny.

Then we started to get a funky odor in our room.  We had an odor over the weekend but now it was horrible!  It smelled like raw sewage.  I called and they said they would move our room.  Ugh!  We had 15 min to pack up all our stuff.  They sent someone to move us.  We were supposed to be watching my sister-in-law finish the marathon but now we had to throw our stuff in a suitcase and move up seven floors. 

We got a great room with an incredible view.  Our first room had a view of the neighboring hotels and the air conditioning unit.  Now we had a view of the pool, Paris bubble, Eiffel Tower, Bellagio fountains, the Strip.  Gorgeous!   We even slept with the curtains open to see the lights.








We went to dinner where I had one of the best dinners of the trip.  A vegetable tagine.  I wanted to pick up the tagine pot and lick the bowl.  I didn't. 

Then we went to our room to relax while we waited to go out again. The weather turned ugly; windy and sandy and cold.   We were going clubbing again.  My friend fell asleep.  I didn't want to go out alone.  I watched a movie for a while and then went to sleep.  So much for an exciting night! 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!