Saturday, August 1, 2015

RIP CECIL THE LION

I try hard not to write about political types of things but I can't keep quiet about the shooting of the Cecil the lion at the Hwange National Park in Zimbabwe.  I was saddened and angered when I heard that a beautiful lion had been killed in a senseless way for a senseless reason.  What makes a person want to kill a practically extinct animal for sport?  I am a vegan so I don't really understand killing an animal at all but especially killing one for sport where you kill the animal and leave the carcass and take only the part you want.  It makes no sense.  Who wants a dead animal head on their wall?  What does it prove?  As a comedian said the other night: they have a little blue pill for that now. 

Then this morning I hear that Cecil's brother Jericho may have been killed too.  What is going on?  Why are people not in jail?  Why are people not protecting these lions better?  I know the park is huge but this is 2015 there have to be better ways to protect these animals before the only animals left are in zoos. 

The guy who shot Cecil should be in jail.  Especially since this is not the first, or second, or third time he has shot an exotic animal and brought it back to the United States.  We need to make it illegal to bring these dead carcasses back to the USA with jail sentences not fines.  Wealthy people will scoff at a fine.  Jail time would deter folks from hunting exotic animals.

There are my two cents.  Save the animals.  Jail the hunters. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!