Sunday, July 19, 2015

INDIAN WEDDING DANCE PARTY

Tonight I went to an Indian Wedding Dance Party. It was a blast. I went with my new friend J. He texted me this morning to say he came out of the closet. Good for him! He still wanted to go to the dance party.

I went to a local shop that had Indian clothing to see if they could help me with my sari. They were so helpful. They showed me two ways to wear it since my cloth was so short. Then they suggested I get leggings to wear underneath. So I took a trip to Target and along with other items I needed, I got leggings and some blingy sandals. Now I am not a blingy person.  So I had to have a Target employee assist me in choosing a style. We both agreed on this pair.



I got dressed early because the top is tie up the back. I asked my neighbor to come over and dress me before she went out to dinner. I put on my bangles, blingy necklace, earrings, shoes and bindi and I was ready to go.



I got to the club in time to join the processional. They did a traditional Indian wedding processional a couple of blocks from the club. In the club there was Indian music mixed with a dance rhythm.  It was not as thump-thump-thump as I thought it was going to be. I liked most of the music. I didn't like the Indian dance rap. I like rap but the dance rap just didn't work too well.  Part way through they had a short dance lesson. They also had a singer but I didn't like her. Some folks did but I thought she was a bit shrill. 

I stayed for three hours. That is a lot for me. Guess what? I wrapped my ankle in an ace bandage because the blingy sandals wouldn't fit with the ankle brace.  My ankle never felt better. Okay it felt better before I tore the ligament but since then it has never felt so good.  I am going to try it again tomorrow. 

I am glad I went. I had a great time. I haven't danced in years or gone to a club in years. J was fun to hang with. I did something out of my comfort zone. I went to a club on my own. That takes guts. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!