Thursday, July 2, 2015

I'M BACK



HI!  I'm back! 

 I went to the doctor today and found out I need to have ankle surgery again.  Yes, the same ankle!  Would you believe that people with RA have joints and ligaments that will deteriorate over time?  What?!  Who knew? No one told me! Even though I had the surgery on my ligament in May 2012, I thought that it would last a bit longer.  The jokes on me.  RA patients (obviously like me) have weakened ligaments therefore they give out easily which leads to surgeries and then deterioration to the joint.  Oh, Joy!

When the doctor moved my foot it literally moved independent of my leg.  Even she gagged when it happened.  That means the ligament is completely torn again.  She is shocked I am walking around and have been for a year. 

I have a MRI on Sunday to see how bad the tear is and if I have also ruined some of the cartilage.  If the cartilage is ruined, I will need a surgery to vacuum that out first.  I received nothing but good news today! 

I will give an update when I hear what the MRI report says.

Until tomorrow...

4 comments:

  1. Aw, Adrienne, that's terrible news! I'm so sorry! This disease never ceases to amaze me (and not in a good way). You must be really frustrated.

    I'm delighted you're back! I've missed you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wren, Thank you for your concern. I am looking on the bright side these days. it could be worse and it is okay enough that I can plan my surgery for a convenient time.

      I am happy to be back writing again. I have really missed it and you all!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I am really happy to be back writing again! I missed it and you all!

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!