Sunday, April 12, 2015

WALKED A STREET FAIR

Today I went to a street fair to take photos and walk around.  It was a nice day and it had great potential.  I packed a lunch and took a few buses to my destination.  I really should have driven but in the spirit of the day I wanted to save on fossil fuels. 

I got to my destination after two buses, a shuttle and short walk.  I began walking and quickly realized I was not going to get many photos.  I like to take photos of things.  Kids doing things, interesting murals, pets, foliage, landscapes and such.  This street fair was in a bit of a downtrodden part of town along a street car line.  One side of the street was closed to traffic and the other still had the train going and cars driving.  There were long expanses between tents and activities where there was nothing going on and there were no buildings but overgrown lots and broken down or boarded up buildings.  Closed shops and closed up shops were everywhere.  As you can gather it was a nice place to bike and walk but not an over abundance of photo opportunities for me.  I walked a far distance and enjoyed my picnic lunch in a small park-let.  I got to see another part of town that I usually drive through, when I go there at all.  There are some cute little restaurants that I may check out in the future.  Overall it was a pleasant way to spend the afternoon.  I took a faster way back using the train.
Until tomorrow... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!