Monday, February 9, 2015

WHY I HAVE NOT CALLED MY SISTER-IN-LAW AND HAVE NOT INSTALLED JAVA

Now you might ask what these two things have in common.  My sister-in-law will understand.  She has two kids under the age of five.

Last week was my sister-in-law's birthday.  I have not yet called her to wish her a happy birthday.  Since she reads my blog: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  At this rate this may be the closest I get to telling her happy birthday and I love you!.  Don't even think about a birthday card or present, I have not even sent my brother his card and his birthday was in December.  I am a little behind.  This is really hard for me since I love finding the right card for the right person.  I buy cards months in advance and put little stickies on them so I don't forget.  I also love buying the right present for folks.  I once bought my sister-in-law a decorate yourself cupcake kit. The cupcakes arrive already made and you get to decorate them yourself.  I think she really liked that one.

I have also been stalling on installing Java on my computer.  Every time I open up a program I get a warning: your Java is out of date.  You must install the new java.  Horrible things will happen to your computer if you don't install the new Java.  Okay, okay!  Settle down.  Even I know nothing horrible is going to happen.  The world as we know it will not end if I don't install the new Java.  The old Java will continue to work.  It is a marketing ploy but eventually it gets annoying even for me.

The reason I have not done these two important items you ask?  I have been working from the crack of dawn to the wee hours of the night.  I barely see Brenda.  Any spare time I have has been spent taking dogs to the vet or chasing off cranes.  I am burning the candle at both ends.  Trust me my vacation in April is not coming fast enough!  Sometimes I wonder what I was thinking working for myself and then I remember, set hours, working for the man.  Aha.  I have crazy hours but I can do it at home in my pajamas!  With two cute puppies at my feet.  In front of a roaring fire in the fireplace.  Okay now the picture just got weird.  I am usually in front of a large screen TV watching Scandal or The Big Bang Theory but now we are off topic.

So, I have to carve out time to do these two most important tasks.  But in the meanwhile, Happy Birthday Courtney!

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. No worries at all, Adrienne! I think getting a Happy Birthday wish that's ready by all your readers is a pretty cool birthday wish. About that Java update, it's pesky and happens again and again and you can install it without much hassle at all, but don't be surprised if it wants to do another minor patch update shortly later. I have no idea why Sun Java needs so many little updates (and most people I speak to about it don't either.)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!