Monday, February 16, 2015

STUPID THINGS PEOPLE SAY IN AN INTERVIEW

I read this article recently about stupid things people say in interviews.  I would think that an interview is one of the most important things in your life (okay, not as important as your wedding or childbirth) if you want to eat or pay your rent.  I would think you would want to practice before going into an interview but it is clear from this article that people probably do not practice.

Q: Describe your experience with XXX.
A: Of all the tasks on the job description, XXX is the item I have no experience with.

Q: How much experience do you have in XXX
A: None, but I have been told I could learn XXX in 15 minutes.

Q: Tell me about your last job.  (The person was applying for a file clerk position)
A: I had to do regular office stuff like photo copying, filing, data entry, and running errands.  I liked it all but the filing, it was boring.

Practice your answers to put yourself in a positive light before you go into an interview.  Just a helpful tip if you are looking for a job.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!