Sunday, February 15, 2015

NETTING ON THE POND

After having many dreams that the crane returned and ate all the fish, I put some netting over the pond.  We did this years ago when we had a crane problem.   I took tent spikes and put the spikes around the pond.  Then I took the netting and stretched it across the pond and anchored it with the spikes.  The theory being that the crane will not be able to get any fish without getting caught in the netting. 

Since the weather has been so nice, this is the perfect type of weather for the crane to come visit.  I can't be watching all the time.  Hopefully this works.

Someone wrote in and said the crane is a Sandhill Crane. I call it a very pretty pest who eats my very pretty fish. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!