Friday, January 2, 2015

MISTAKES HAPPEN

I don't usually talk about my work but today is an exception.  Today I made a mistake.  It was a mistake because someone didn't do what they said they were going to do and I didn't double check.  It was totally my fault.

I made my mistake and that caused a torrent of other mistakes.

I made my mistake we will call X.  X happened and I called company ABC to correct it.  It should have taken ABC about 5 minutes to fix it.  The guy at ABC fixed it and the ABC's computer made a mistake.  Instead of correcting the mistake in year 2015, ABC computer "corrected" the mistake in 2014.  There was no mistake in 2014.  The guy at ABC company now had to contact the tech support guys at ABC to find out why the computer "corrected" a mistake in 2014 that never happened but didn't correct a mistake in 2015 that did.  After fixing that, while correcting the 2014 mistake, the ABC guy made another mistake causing more chaos. 

Hours later the whole mess was corrected and my original mistake X was corrected correctly.  It was interesting to the cycle of events when one mistake happens.  I just wish I wasn't so anxiety-ridden about my client's work being messed up, I probably would have laughed about the whole thing.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!