Sunday, January 18, 2015

BANDAGES

I have been wearing bandages for almost two months.  I hurt my leg the day before Thanksgiving when I banged it on the ottoman.  I required 8 stitches.  I have had to use one to two bandages every day.  If you can do the math, you will see I went through quite a few bandages.

It is shocking to me how much a box like this costs. Five rolls of gauze costs $7.99 at the pharmacy. At the supermarket it costs $11.99.  I'll bet this box of gauze costs $1.00 to make. This is what I call an emergency purchase. They know you are over a barrel and have to buy the bandages so they can charge whatever they want.  

I finally switched to large band aids because I couldn't see spending the money anymore for such a small cut. My cut is still bleeding (yes, almost two months later) so I have to keep it covered.

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. A late, response, I know, but somehow I missed this post, Adrienne. It really is awful how much merchants can get away with charging for emergency items like gauze bandages, which cost very little to manufacture. Like you said, they overcharge because they can, and we must pay. Did you check online to see if you could get a better price? Amazon is great for that.
    And I'm appalled that November's wound is STILL bleeding! Why? It's concerning that it hasn't healed in all this time--not even forming a good scab. Can I ask what your doctor said? Yeah, I'm nosy...
    Wishing you the best, as usual. I'm delighted with the gas prices these days, too, but dang, I wish it would rain!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!