Tuesday, December 9, 2014

RECIPES AND SHOPPING LIST

Today I was all set to trash my recipe and shopping list app.  I have been using Ziplist for years.  I did a lot of research to choose the right app.  I put all my recipes on it.  I spent HOURS uploading my recipes. 

Then a few weeks ago I get an email saying Ziplist is dying.  Well not dying, it is bought over by Epicurious and Ziplist will stop being an app.  I had two choices.  I could upload my recipes to Epicurious or I could save a data file to my computer and do with it what I wanted.

Of course I put it off.  Then I began researching options.  I checked out other recipe apps.  None of the other apps has the ability to upload a Ziplist file.  Meanwhile the reviews for Epicurious were dismal. People were writing in that their recipes were not uploading to Epicurious and they were having all sorts of problems.  Why would I want to put my recipes on a site that had such bad reviews?

This morning I realized that it was 12/9.  Tomorrow was the day that my Ziplist account would go dark.  I had to make a decision today.  First I saved a back up file of my recipes.  Then I moved my recipes over to Epicurious.  I opened up the My Recipes icon and guess what?  No recipes. 

I was so upset.  I wrote to the support team and asked them very politely if they could fix it.  A few hours later I got an email back stating I should log in again.  Tonight I did and Voila!  My recipes were all there!  I am now a happier camper.  It isn't as streaklined as Ziplist but it will do for now and my recipes are intact. 

Maybe some company in a few months will come up with a way to transfer recipes from Epicurious to their app.  Then I will be ready with all recipes.  I have no idea why a company would get rid of a great product for an inferior one.  Seems crazy to me.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!