Thursday, November 6, 2014

SOCIAL EXPERIMENT

Weeks ago my hair was its natural auburn with a streak of gray (think Bonnie Raitt with dark hair) in the front.  When I rode public transportation I was noticing that folks were getting up and giving me their seats. I am not nearly old enough to be given a seat in the disabled/elderly seating area.  Time and time again people were getting up. Not just young people either. Folks who were older than me!

A week ago I died my hair. My streak is now a vibrant reddish.  Today I took public transit.  I took two trains and a bus. Not one person offered me a seat. In fact no one gave me a second look. To be scientific, I will have to ride a few more buses and trains together a real sample. 

It feels good to be young again.

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. That's very interesting, Adrienne. And while you don't need the seat, I think it's really nice that the people in your community are conscientious and kind enough to offer their seat to someone they feel might need it more than they do. Warms my heart, you know?
    On the other hand, I can sure understand your relief at feeling younger again! We can all use that now and then. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!