Saturday, November 8, 2014

BARBECUE

Today I took Brenda out for her belated birthday meal.  I was sick on her birthday so we had to skip it.  No present, no going out to dinner, no cupcake.

I surprised her with barbecue.  Usually it is hard to go to a barbecue place because there is nothing for me to eat except sides.  I can have corn on the cob, baked potato, corn bread.  Not very nutritious and not the kind of food I am eating these days.  The place we went had ribs, barbecue chicken, pulled pork AND crusted tofu!  I got the tofu with the habenaro slaw.  Unfortunately the slaw was SO spicy it burnt my mouth.  I had to scrape it off.  They gave me a portion of the regular slaw and that was better.

Brenda got the combo plate.  Chicken, ribs, collard greens, biscuit, potato salad. Yum!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!