Tuesday, October 7, 2014

SOVIET WAR IN AFGHANISTAN

I have to know about the Soviet War in Afghanistan and I have realized that I know very little. I know I lived through it, I mean not through it like I was in Afghanistan but I was alive during that time, but I don't know that much about it.

I am clear that the war was unsuccessful. It included the Soviet Union and Afghanistan.  I remember a lot of people in mountains. That is about all I remember.

I feel like there was a break down in my school's curriculum. The war happened in 1979 and I was still in school. Shouldn't my school have taught me this?  I have no recollection of ever learning about this war. Vietnam War, check. WWI, check, WWII, check. Civil War, double check (they really drilled that one in).  No Afghanistan War.

I guess I need to bone up quickly.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!