Sunday, September 21, 2014

WHAT MAKES ME HAPPY?

Since I have been reading the book, The Happiness Project, I have been spending a great deal of time thinking about what makes me happy.  I don't think I will do a whole project (although I have not completely ruled it out)  but I can do parts of it. Or I can do a mini happiness project.

I thought I would write down activities that make me happy


  • Riding my bike
  • Walking my dogs
  • Taking photos
  • Reading good books
  • Watching movies
  • Scrapbooking
  • Sitting in my backyard
  • Taking a bath
  • Stress free vacations
  • Watching TV
  • Blogging
  • Working on my computer
  • Organizing groups (neighborhood watch, etc.)
  • Entertaining, having friends over
  • I would probably like to go for a short hike
  • Going to new things (art shows, museums, fairs, operas, etc.) 
  • Road trips
  • Being spontaneous (not really an activity)
The idea is to figure out how to maximize your time doing the activities you enjoy and that make you happy.  Sort of what Oprah called "me time". Schedule in time for things that will increase your happiness quotient.  Some of the things on this list I already do so I won't have to find time to do them all. I also think I need to rank them. Not all of them make me as happy as the others.  Road trips make me happy but taking photos probably make me happier.  

I still have to read the last few chapters of the book. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!