Sunday, September 7, 2014

GRILLED SOME VEGGIES

Today I tried to take it easy. At least that was the plan. After lunch I decided to follow this recipe for a Grilled Summer Vegetable Salad. I thought how hard could it be; throw some veggies on the grill, right?



I didn't account for the prep time and the time waiting for the veggies to char. Then there was the time  making the vinigrette and chopping up all the stuff that doesn't get grilled. Well, it was way more time consuming than I planned.

But, it is mighty tasty!!  I had to nix the asparagus because it didn't look good at the store. I don't like onions so they had to go.  I am vegan so the cheese was excluded.  I used some pre-made herb infused oil that I had been given as a gift a long time ago. It was yellow chili infused oil. Wow was it hot. I had to mix it with regular oil to make it palatable. I also used lemons from my lemon tree and tomatoes from my tomato plant.  The lemons are so tiny this year because of the drought.

After making this salad I needed to take a bath. I was to achy and tired. I probabaly should have taken a nap instead of cooking.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!