Friday, September 26, 2014

BOTH LUCKY AND I ARE SICK

Lucky woke me up at 4 am to go outside. I won't go into the gory details but she is not well. I think either the meds or the anesthesia are not agreeing with her.  We curled up on the couch to not wake up the whole house with her whining and my coughing.

At 10:30 I took Lucky to the vet. They checked her to make sure she was okay. No infection. They think she is still coming off the anesthesia or the meds are making her sick. I also got a great tip to get her to take meds she does want to take: salmon flavored cream cheese! First give some to Happi then give some to Lucky without the meds. Then more to Happi. Then put the pill in and give to Lucky. Worked like a charm. I tried everything the other night to get her to swallow that pain med. It is bitter and smells so she can tell it is in everything. The salmon covers the smell.

I called my doc and got some antibiotics and cough meds to nip this in the bud.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!