Wednesday, April 9, 2014

PHYSICAL THERAPY BILL SOLVED

Over a month ago I sent an appeal to The-Insurance-Company-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named for a physical therapy bill I received.  For those of you who don't read all of the time or don't remember, I went to three physical therapy appointments under the impression that my physical therapy place was covered under the Affordable Care Act.  The physical therapy place told me I would be covered.  After the third appointment they tell me "Oops, you are not covered, we were wrong.  You are going to have to pay for the appointments."  The-Insurance-Company-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named sent me a check for $25.00 reimbursement for each appointment that originally cost $250.00.  The physical therapy place gave me a slight cut rate for the appointments so I now owed them a total of $231.00.  But I was really angry because I should have been paying a copay of $40.00 for each appointment. So I called The-Insurance-Company-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named and they told me I should appeal.   I did on March 3rd.

I had not heard anything and today I was going to call to find out what was happening with my appeal. In today's mail there was a check for $149.00.  The-Insurance-Company-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named also sent the physical therapy place some money.  I am now happy.  I can pay the $231.00 bill. 

Also in medical news, I called my doctor about my sore foot.  My left foot has been bothering me since our vacation.  I am not sure if it is from the bad massage or from banging it on something or just from walking.  My primary told me to see my podiatrist.  She can see me in the morning.  My primary said I am too complicated!  Well, he said my left ankle/foot is too complicated.  That is the ankle that I tore my ligament and walked on it for a year prior to it being found that I tore the ligament and had surgery.  More news on this tomorrow.

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!