Wednesday, February 5, 2014

PHYSICAL THERAPY ENDING

Today I showed up for my physical therapy appointment only to find out that my new insurance does not work with this physical therapy location.  Unfortunately I am finding this out three appointments in to the new year.  A regular appointment costs around $250.  The office manager told me that because I didn't know that my insurance would not cover the appointments, she would cut me a break and only charge me $105.  The-Insurance-Company-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named paid them $69 and I would have to pay the rest.  This was only for these three appointments.  After that I would have to pay the full price and it would be up to me to file the receipt with my insurance company and get reimbursed.  

I went to my appointment and then I told them I would have to think about it.  I am not willing to pay that much out of pocket when I have an amount that need to meet on my plan.  So I need to find another physical therapy place.  It sucks.

It also sucks that I can't get through to The-Insurance-Company-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named on the phone.  I am going to try again tomorrow.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!