Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I GOT MY CAR BACK!

After days of driving a rental car I got my car back!  I am so happy.  I love my car.  It is small and cute and it is a convertible.  It is so easy to drive and park. 

The rental car I had last Friday was okay.  At least it wasn't huge.  I don't know what kind it was. It was silver and it had satellite radio.

The rental car I returned today was huge!  It was a silver Chevy Malibu.  My brother had a blue Malibu when we were kids.  I think it was a '68 or '69.  That was the first car he restored.  Anyway, the Malibu I had for the last few days was big that it took up my whole garage area for parking.  It barely fit in the garage!  I was going to take a photo but I forgot.  It looked like a stuffed sausage. 

The first night I brought the rental car home I parked and could not open the driver side car door.  I had to climb out the passenger side.  Then the car is so big that I could not walk around the car to close the garage door.  I had to climb over the hood to get the drivers side to push the button to close the garage door.  I had to make sure the door didn't close on the back end of the car.  I guess cars back in the day were not very big!

My baby has a new waterpump and a new catalytic converter.  They also fixed my CD changer.  It was stuck and I could not get the cartridge out.  Now I can listen to new music.  There are only so many times I can listen to the same CDs. 

This reminds me of a story I heard a long time ago, a LONG time ago.  There was this guy who got into a car accident.  He ran off the road and his car rolled and he was trapped for hours.  Since no one else was involved in the accident, no one knew he was trapped for a long time.  The car rolled and was banged up but the 8-track player kept playing until the battery died.  (For those of you under the age of 40, an 8-track is a music player that had cartridges. Each cartridge was an album. You plugged the cartridges into the 8-track player and the music would just keep playing over and over until you turned it off or pulled out the cartridge. Cars had 8-track players.)  The album cartridge was Purple Rain by Prince owned by his wife.  When the car accident occurred, the cartridge got pushed in the player.  Because the man was trapped, he could not reach the 8-track player to remove the cartridge or stop the player.  He was stuck for hours listening to Purple Rain over and over again.  He said when he was rescued that the accident was painful but listening to Purple Rain over and over again was excruciating!  Ha ha!

I am so happy to get my car back!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!